Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The next step...


Today something amazing happened. Well...okay....amazing to me. When I get home from work today, Eric tells me that Reilly did something today that he's never seen her do. Today, Reilly put her Raggedy Ann doll on the couch and fed her a bottle. That's right, Reilly played pretend. My little girl is entering the realm of "lets play dolly." I loved my dolls, as a little girl, and wondered if Reilly would enjoy them, too. I wondered if dolls were becoming a thing of the past with Brats dolls and battery operated Barbies their eventual replacement. When her Uncle Len and Aunt Linda gave us a bag of well loved stuffed animals (some of them in the family for years!) I unpacked them to place around Reilly's room and discovered the bag included a Raggedy Ann and Andy set. I absolutely love them and so it tickles me that Raggedy Ann was the first benefactress of my little girl's tender ministrations. Too cute!

1 comments:

Jessica Martiele said...

Dude, get a picture! That's ADORABLE!!! Squijies for Roo Roo!