Monday, September 22, 2008

Back in the saddle

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that that the Robbins family has not disappeared from the face of the Earth! We are here and adapting to many changes. The least of which is that Eric starts a new job with Dunn and Bradstreet on October 14th. This job has many opportunities for Eric and he is excited to get started and see where this new adventure takes him. I am still working full time (having gone back to FT after Nik went home in July-for those of you who didn't know) and enjoying the opportunity to help and work with patients again in the dental field. Of course, I would rather be at home with our sweet little Reilly, but for the time being I am grateful for the work. Reilly loves her childcare provider, Rosy, and her little playmate Brianna. Everyday when I pick up Reilly, Rosy has some funny story to tell us about our little imp. I'm glad that she has such a wonderful person to look after her while I am away. Nik is doing well and is proving hard to reach on the phone. I guess I shouldn't be surprised now that he's a full fledged teenager and having a life of his own. He has been looking for a job lately and is anxious to start making some extra cash. He is still dating Sidney and I'm hoping to upload a picture of them together so you all can rib him appropriately ;) I know that's the short, quick version of the updates but I'm hoping to be a little more diligent with updating here. I have some really great photos of everyone to post and can't wait to get them up. Until then...!

4 comments:

Jessica Martiele said...

Yay for the updates (and for finally being back on Blogger!!!) and OH MY GOSH to that photo of Nik! He's a...well...man! (Albeit a young man, a man nonetheless!) Kinda freakin' out here! :)

LOVE YOU GUYS! And, YES, update REGULARLY!!!

Rachel said...

So happy to get your updates!! Glad about Eric's new job and know he will do well. Miss you and love you all. Kisses and hugs for Reilly.

David said...

Thank goodness! A few months ago I googled "homemade cleaning recipes" and your blog was on the first page returned (probably number 4 out of 4,857,657,430 entries - don't you just love google?). I really liked some of the things in your blog, and the recipes, so I decided to save it to my favourites. Anyway, once in a while I would check it out, and believe it or not, was getting kind of worried about the long time since your last post - and I don't even know you! Reading your comments today about everything wrong in the world, and not being able to do anything, then finding out you really can do something, is very inspiring. I think also you forgot to realize that something as simple as putting together such a wonderful blog is doing something good, and making a difference in peoples lives. So i have decided to come out of anonymity and introduce myself, and you can check out my blogs if you wish. My name is David, and I live in Tavistock Ontario with my wife Katherine, sons Rudi and Alex, and our dog buddy the wonder poodle. Keep up the good work!

Julie said...

Welcome David! So glad to meet you and so glad that you came out of hiding! Mostly because I'm really enjoying YOUR blog now. I think my favorite is Field House Chronicles. Thanks for joining in and sharing with us!